Thursday 20 August 2009

A small bedroom digression - I want, I want some yellow art

Have just been browsing around blogland and have come across www.madebygirl.com.

How would this rather wonderful yellow print look on the wall to the left of the bed? So, as you look at the bed in the previous post, the white wall you can just see. It's the wall with the window on it.

I think the typography of this print would be in strong contrast to the prettiness of the wallpaper, but maybe that doesn't matter... Opinions welcomed! x

5 comments:

  1. i like turquoise and yellow together! Isn't your wallpaper a minty turquoise color? I think if the bedside lamp were a nice white (as in the picture, it would look great!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, why did i think you had a white lamp? In any case turquoise + yellow = nice combo. Somehwere in my blog I did a combo of turquoise and yellow (I think i called it "the odd couple?). Might want to check those pix for some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think as long as you kept the frame nice and simple and maybe a big white mount around the print too, it could work - the plainness of frame and mount could act as a "barrier" between the print and busy wallpaper - but I reckon the colours will work nicely. I love that print myself too, in yellow, and had my eye on it but it's been vetoed for being too girly. Peh! No such thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the prints from Made by girl, but the yellow is especially cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the picture has arrived!! It's very yellow and lovely, and a friend is going to Ikea on Friday so I have put in my order for a frame! Picture to follow....

    ReplyDelete