Sunday 9 August 2009

I want, I want

Alongside the long 'to do' list of things I'd like to do to our home, I have a list of things I'd really love. Of course none are urgent or necessary, just things that I like very much! Here's a selection...

Charles Eames RAR Rocking Chair
If I didn’t have my Barcelona chair, I would buy a white eames rocker and have it in the same space. I’d also like one in our spare bedroom, to offset the beautiful white build-in wardrobe, that exists in my head - but sadly not in reality yet. I'd probably buy a white one, but I think this yellow one is just lovely too.



Portmeirion love and peace crockery
Because it is very lovely. I think I would smile every time I sat down to my dinner, or my cup of tea.



A starburst mirror
I haven’t really got space for another mirror, but these are sooo lovely. I always see this one from Next in magazines, and every time I vow to pop down to Tottenham Court Road and take a look in the shop.


A car
Living in London I can't really justify getting a car, but sometimes I do miss the flexibility it can give you.

I’m a bit over the Figaro and the modern Beatle, which I used to covet, but I’ll never tire of the cute-as-a-button Fiat cinquecento. The old ones of course, not the new one, which I don’t think has the heart and soul of the original. I also like Morris Minors. However, for someone who has never changed oil or a wheel ( the most practical thing I’ve done with regards to car maintenance is adding petrol, and once I checked the tire pressure) a vintage car wouldn’t be a sensible choice and sadly I just can’t get excited about modern alternatives.



Papilio ulysses telegonus Butterfly Print from Rockett St George
http://www.rockettstgeorge.co.uk/papilio-ulysses-telegonus-butterfly-print-s1-1445-p.asp
I will get one of these prints soon, and put it in a white frame and hang it in our bedroom. I love butterflies and think that these are just stunning.

A window seat
A less achievable (for now at least) thing on my wish list... I'd love a window seat overlooking a lovely garden, covered in beautiful cushions, with space to place a cup of tea. This picture is via Apartment Therapy

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just noticed that you added me to your blogroll! Thanks so much for the blog love! I just spent a little time poking around on your blog, I am sooo with you on the want list--I'd love the iconic eames rocker... did you see target has a knockoff?!!! And I'd love a window seat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the yellow chair, in a sunny corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, I agree. A yellow chair would be such a cheerful thing to have.

    Urbansardines - I wish we had Target over here in the UK! They always seem to have great things - I was enviously looking at Orla Keily stuff from there not too long ago.

    thanks so much for checking out the blog. x

    ReplyDelete