Monday 31 August 2009

Cushions - and a resolution

As I've said before I'm not great at DIY (and neither is the boy) and so I love the fact that it can be so easy to update a room quickly and cheaply by adding some new cushions and other accessories.

Cushions are a fantastic way of adding a bit of colour to a room, or character to an old couch, or interest to a bed. I’ve bought lots of our cushions online - there’s a lady in Cornwall who makes cushions with popular fabrics and so I have cushions to match the Summer Palace wallpaper in the small bedroom and also the Erin wallpaper in the larger room.

I think that my favourite cushions are these Designer’s Guild style ones that adorn our Barcelona chair.


And just visible in the corner here is my cushion with russian dolls - it adds some fun to our sofa.


Here are the summer palace fabric cushions...


And the erin fabric one...


Here are a couple of cushions that are on my wish list (from Grey Loves Pink and Karen Elton design) -



It would of course be fairly easy, I'm sure, to make your own cushions. And this is where the resoultion part of this post comes in! There's somewhere in Islington called The Make Lounge and they run day courses in various crafts - you can make cushions and many other things. There's lots more information on their website. They say - For the price of a night out or less, we’ll teach you to sew, make jewellery, work with leather, crochet or embroider, create your own bath and body products and much more.

http://www.themakelounge.com/

Subscribe to Thrifty Stylish Home by email

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the cushions! Especially the Russian Doll fabric - where did you get it? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! It was definitely from ebay, but i can't remember which seller. Not at all helpful. Sorry. x

    ReplyDelete