Friday 3 July 2009

Thank you to Poppy (http://poppysprettyplace.blogspot.com) for the tag...how exciting!

THE RULES
1. respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, add more one question of your own.
2. tag eight other people

Marmite or Jam It would have to be jam I think. Strawberry jam, eaten with a cream tea, whilst overlooking the sea. YUM! Scones, jam, cream and a cuppa - what's not to love?!

Coffee or Tea?
I will have to say coffee.... even though technically I prefer the taste of tea. I love drinking coffee whilst chatting to friends, or with the boy whilst reading the papers...or if I'm feeling peckish in the afternoon then a coffee does wonders, instead of a piece of cake!

Whats for dinner? Well I've eaten dinner already, and it was a veggie Spag Bol. My mum is staying this weekend, and so I felt the need to make a 'proper meal'!

Champagne or beer? It would have to be champers I'm afraid - unless it's an afternoon in the sunshine, and then you can't beat a nice cold beer.

What would you eat for your last meal? Hmmm, tricky. I suppose it depends on the time of year that I was to go and meet my maker, but at the moment I think it would be a simple meal comprising of lots and lots of different salads, some potato wedges and lots of cheese. Yum. Cheese.

What was the last thing you bought? I bought two small birthday presents for the boy today...We're on hols this year for his birthday and so the pressies have to be things that I can squidge in the suitcase. And before that it was two flights to the south of France. YIPPEE!!!!

Whats the best gift you have ever been given? For my 30th birthday my Mum gave me a stunning blue enamel ring with a diamond in the middle and pearls around the edge. It had been my grandmother's, and she had given it to Mum on her 30th birthday, so that was a pretty special present. A weekend away always goes down very well too.

What is your favorite ice cream flavour? Chocolate - with proper chunks of chocolate in it.

What do you think of the person who tagged you? I really like Poppy's blog, and can't wait to read more of it. I think she started writing at about the same time as I started thriftystylishhome.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour where would you go? I think I'd go to Whitstable, and sit on the beach outside the Neptune pub and have a lovely white wine spritzer. In the morning I'd mooch around the cute little shops and then go for a nice long walk.

Which language do you want to learn? I'd like to learn Italian. My grandfather, who was killed in the war (so obviously I never knew him), was Italian and we have family in Milan. It was always quite embarrassing at gatherings with that side of the family that everyone would have to speak English just so I could understand!

Whats your favorite quote (for now)?
"The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned." Maya Angelou

What is your favorite colour? I think it would have to be green - a nice pale green, bordering on lime green, but not quite. I have a few little knick knacks in that colour. I also love turquoise - especially if it's jewellery and I've got a bit of a tan.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe? I think it would have to be a yellowy, mustardy coloured jacket. It's quite Jackie O, and no one ever believes how cheap it was!! I love jackets, they're just the best way of making an outfit look a little bit different. I also love a blue fifties style dress that I've got, with white spots.

What is your dream job? I'm quite lucky with my job, but I do like the idea of doing something in a freelance capacity... Maybe a little bit of PR, a little bit of writing, and maybe helping organise a literary festival or something.

What is your worst habit? I suppose it could be said that I can, on occasion, be a little bossy. I just don't see the point of keeping quiet if you can think of a better way of doing something. The boy doesn't like this.

If you had £100 now, what would you spend it on? I think I would treat us to a nice night away in a lovely hotel...I'd love to go to the George in Rye, or the Bull in Bridport.

Do you admire anyone's style? Audrey Hepburn. Always. I also think that Laura Bailey always looks stunning! I love her boho-chic look, and she always seems to wear amazing jewellery.

Describe your personal style? I've got a little bit of a boho vibe, and although I rarely wear it I do love vintage stuff. I'm quite an accessoriser - so have lots of jewellery, pretty bags, jackets and shoes. It's an amazing what a difference a cool necklace can make to an outfit.

What are you doing after this? Possibly having a glass of wine and playing quiddler. And Australian friend introduced it to me and it's brilliant. A word came but soooo much better than scrabble, which I always find very frustrating.

What are your favorite movies? Breakfast at Tiffanys, Roman Holiday, Charade (or pretty much anything with Audrey Hepburn in it), Brokeback Mountain, Into the West, Pretty Woman, Gosford Park, Some Life it Hot and... now don't judge me...Mamma Mia!

What is your favorite fruit? Berries of most kinds... raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries.

What inspires you? Great books, or wonderful pictures tend to be what do it for me.

What is your favorite book? Too, too hard. I have to read LOTS of books, and just think I can't pick only one.

Do you collect something? I seem to collect birds. I have small glass ornaments, some metal ones, some wooden ones... And, in our bedroom, wallpaper that is covered it birds!

What is your favorite smell? Freshly laundered linen, coffee and lilies. Though now we have a kitten we can't have lilies. They cause liver failure apparently!

What are you most proud of? Maintaining some really brilliant friendships.

How many times do you press the snooze button before you get up? At least three times. And the boy gets cross and wishes we could just set the alarm later and then leap straight out of bed, thus getting more sleep. He just doesn't understand that I need to wake up slowly!

Cats or Dogs? Ha! Until about a month ago I'd have said dogs. Without question. But then we got our kitten, and now I'm so very smitten...

What's your biggest fashion mistake? I think my baggy batik style dungarees were probably the least flattering thing I've ever worn. Plus they always seemed to dye my skin blue. Not a good look.

Complete the following: Love is...? absolutely essential!

I'm going to tag: Homebug, Making It Lovely, Patchwork Harmony, Her Little Place, This Young House, Poppytalk, sfgirlbay

3 comments:

  1. hey, thanks so much for tagging me, although I have completed these questions before - http://www.patchworkharmony.blogspot.com/2009/06/question-time.html - I'm sure my readers don't want to listen to me drone on about myself again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just seen your blog, it's cute! Like Carolyn up above at Patchwork H, I too have done this tag - well done for completing it, the questions are always so long, and you have sweet answers! - and my answers if you wanted to read them are here http://herlittleplace.blogspot.com/2009/06/tag-tag-tag.html

    thanks for visiting my page! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear...sorry both! It was getting late last night, and I knew I'd read quite a few peoples answers before, but couldn't remember where. And was a little lazy to go back and check!

    ReplyDelete