Sunday 14 June 2009

Kitten time



The most exciting thing to happen in our home in the last week (or ever, in fact) is the addition of our gorgeous little kitten! We're completely smitten... even if she is gradually ripping the sofa to bits!

Alas, this little furry ball of cuteness does mean no more lilies for me - the vet told us yesterday, when we took her to get her first set of injections, that the pollen from lilies causes liver failure in cats. Who knew?! It also means that the place is covered in cat toys and bits of shredded tissue, but no matter, we adore her. She is a very stylish, and thoroughly loveable, addition to our home! Her Selfridges cat bed is quite cute too! (Slightly obscured in this picture by a rather horrible old cushion cover that she seems to quite like)

We've had a steady stream of visitors all weekend coming to play with the newest, and most entertaining, member of our family!



Subscribe to Thrifty Stylish Home by email

2 comments:

  1. I subscribed to your blog, because I love people who create stylish homes without breaking the bank; but this is the most exciting post to date. Congrats on the new kitten.

    I want another kitten, but it took Jaffrey weeks to forgive me for bringing Cosmo home and when I move from my condo to a house, I'll be adopting a puppy too (shhhhh).

    Have fun with your kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello there, thanks for your message. We do adore our new kitten...very hard to get anything done though, with such a playful thing about the place!

    Good luck with your puppy. I love dogs, but as we work full time and live in London thought it would be too cruel to get one!

    ReplyDelete